The Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust has been carrying out an archaeological watching-brief during the construction of the Urban Village development on High Street, Swansea for the developers, Coastal Housing.
The names of the applicants were:
- Constance Thomas of Pinewood Road, Uplands
- Jenny James of Richmond Villas, Swansea
- Joan Thomas of Delhi Street, St Thomas
- Gwladys Williams of Cydach Road, Morriston
- Sarah E Davies of Ernald Place, Uplands
- Mary E Edmonds of Milton Terrace, Mount Pleasant
- Sarah Margaret Rees of Tanyfron, Penywern Road, Ystalyfera
- Claudine Price of Glanbrydan Avenue, Uplands
The Trust is interested in tracing the decedents of these women in order to return the letters and would be delighted to hear from any relatives of the applicants. Unfortunately, the position of Junior Clerk was filled some time ago!